Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Things are Fun When Fun People Do Them

Image credit: Malix from Flickr

My say yes resolution continues! If you're just tuning in, my New Years' Resolution for 2012 is to say yes to as many invitations as possible. It is by far the best resolution I have ever made, and probably the only one I have kept all the way into July. My social calendar is full, the phone rings more often, and I'm having more fun than ever.

The lesson I can share is that it doesn't matter what I'm doing, I always have fun when I'm doing it with fun people.  There have been times when I'm tempted to say no to an event because it doesn't seem like my cup of tea (who am I kidding, my glass of wine is a more appropriate phrase). Now that I'm saying yes more I find that every cup of tea is tasty when drunk in the right company. And I'm lucky to know lots of the right company.

Here's a photographic record of some of the fun things done with fun people so far this year:
A New Year's Eve Heavy Petty (Tom Petty cover band) concert


  
A beer tasting at the Florida Museum of Natural History
A beach weekend featuring a Hare Krishna festival

A 10K Mud Run


My first ever attempt at water skiing on Lake Santa Fe

I get that this is a weird follow up to my last, try it by yourself blog post.  I think my overall message is, don't not do things if you can't find anyone to go with, and do try things you might be hesitant to try if people you like are involved.

So long for now, KISS (keep it simple stupid), and try saying yes to something you weren't sure you wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post, please leave a comment. If you loved it, tell your friends, or post it on Twitter or Facebook.

"Retweets are the sincerest form of flattery." Oscar Wilde